Sign up & get notified of new Sales / Business Development jobs
Sales / Business Development
Director of Sales Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15708 Direct Hire MA
Director of Sales, US
Launched in 2013 and based in London, we are a real-time marketing technology company that drives sales for online retail and travel brands through behavioral triggers, website and email personalization. We are growing rapidly and have over 300 clients in the upper mid-market, which is our sweet spot, including: Moss Bros, Thorntons, White Stuff and Mothercare.
We are expanding into the US, and putting our headquarters in Boston! We are looking for an experienced Sales Director to launch our direct sales business. This is a very exciting role for the right candidate with the near-term intent to develop into a leadership and management position. This is a ground-floor opportunity with a high growth, innovative company, so having a passion for being hands-on is key. Within the first year, we intend for this role to take responsibility for growing the US team, influencing the culture, and owning the overall success of the US business.
The candidate will be responsible for
- Implementing US sales strategy with assistance from Global sales Director, and ensuring results are delivered in line with the business plan. This includes:
- Identifying and selling to prospects
- Working with Marketing to align marketing support with US Sales
- Maintaining accurate records in CRM
- Nurturing referral partners as a lead gen source
- Growing and developing the US sales team following a successful US launch
- Keeping up to date with how are technology and services are deployed to bring value to our customers.
- Working with our Executive Team to ensure the product is fit for local reseller market.
The successful candidate will be a very fast learner and will be expected to become a real subject matter expert in all things digital marketing as well as becoming a power user of the platform.
Required Experience / skills:
- 4 plus years experience of direct or channel sales in a directly related field.
- Knowledge of digital marketing, email technology and ecommerce technology.
- Experience of and connections within email marketing technology industry (IBM / SFMC experience an advantage).
- Experience and connections within ecommerce technology industry (Experience of Magento ecosystem an advantage)
- Ability to present / demonstrate software to a high standard.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS PowerPoint and Word
- Proven ability to learn quickly