Sign up & get notified of new IA / UE / UX jobs
IA / UE / UX
UX Designer Contract To Hire MA
Job ID: 16193 Contract To Hire MASr. UX DESIGNER
Our client, a rapidly expanding education company in Boston, is searching for a Sr. UX Designer.
- Work collaboratively with the VP Content & Creative and the Creative Director to create, communicate, and deliver a long-range user experience strategy across multiple touchpoints and platforms.
- Develop and maintain a design system / pattern library that allows them to create a consistent and predictable global experience across different sites, while evolving towards enhancements that will meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-disciplinary team of marketers, designers, writers, project managers, and developers to design, deliver, and manage a portfolio of user experiences across their digital properties
- Comfortable working with a creative team to rapidly ideate and iterate a range of proposed designs for a given opportunity, then collaboratively review and validate their effectiveness.
- Ability to synthesize and refine qualitative and quantitative data into visually compelling stories that effectively communicate design concepts and rationales to stakeholders, and incorporate feedback, to arrive at the best solution.
- Work with Creative Director to establish brand direction from the ground up, or work within existing brand guidelines, to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Follow user-centered design best practices, and champion user research and usability standards, in order to create designs that engage and inspire our audiences, while driving successful business outcomes.
- Work closely with front end designers to implement designs in an iterative software development environment.
Service Design Strategist Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16160 Direct Hire MA
My client is the consulting arm of a major healthcare brand. They tackle projects spanning interior design through digital work. As they continue to grow, they're looking for a Service Design Strategist to join their team.
The Design Strategist will lead teams tacking major design projects. Since this work spans multiple disciplines, the right candidate will have a strong design background. They should be well versed in facilitating workshops and shaping projects from the ground up.
The right candidate well play a major role in how hospitals and health care providers deliver care. The position comes with competitive salary, bonus and benefits. The role sits in Cambridge, MA with 10-15% travel to client sites. Apply today!
Facilitate workshops centered around design thinking
Identify, propose, design and then create solutions that span the experiential, physical and digital worlds
Aid in proposal development with a focus on developing long term relationships
Be a hands-on when it comes to projects, helping both internal and external teams see the value of service design
Document projects and provide the highest level of service to clients
7-10+ years experience in design strategy, interaction, interior design and/or visual design
Experience in a consulting environment, facilitating workshops and leading engagements
Strategic, systems thinker, with a business mindset
Experience developing scopes, SOW’s and defining consulting engagements based on customer needs
BFA/MFA or experience with a commensurate program
UX/UI Product Designer Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16122 Direct Hire MA
We help the world’s most reputable companies stay right there - on top of their world-class reputations. By tracking and analyzing stakeholder perceptions, we unleash the power of reputation to enable leaders to build better companies.
As the world’s leading provider of stakeholder measurement, membership and management services, we work with powerhouse brands - like, BMW, Lego, Rolex, Walt Disney, and Microsoft - to make sure they remain right where they should be. And, to help solve for any issues along the way, before they become a crisis. For 20 years, we have been at the front lines of brand and reputation management. With team members and partners in 40 countries, we are planning to aggressively grow our US operations in 2019.
So, what's new? We are launching a new SaaS tools and add-ons that bring our stakeholder benchmark data to new new heights from an analytics platforms standpoint. We are a customer driven company, first, and a product driven company close-behind. Client experience means everything to us.
We are looking for a UX/UI Product Designer to optimize our SaaS software and interactive web user experience. You will be responsible for brainstorming design features, gathering user requirements, building graphic components, working with team members to perform usability testing, and managing the process along the way. You will have the opportunity to spread your wings far! You will get to use your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills in working with us. You’ll create both functional and appealing features, and help to grow our amazing online community.
So, what will make you right for the job? You should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. We will also be excited to see your portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, so be sure to include it!
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with marketing, product
managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps, while ensuring that user flow and experience is intuitive and simple
- Design graphic user interface elements, like dashboards, menus, tabs and widgets pulling from complex data sets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and appear
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders of varying backgrounds
- Conduct usability testing and execute layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
An ideal candidate will possess:
- The ability to think about the user experience from start-to-finish with a focus on simplifying complex data into easy to understand dashboards, intuitive use, and beautiful design
- Proven work experience as a UX/UI Product Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Familiarity with optimizing Drupal components
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders of varying backgrounds and UX/UI comprehension levels
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to hit the ground running
- BS in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
Director of User Experience Design Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16078 Direct Hire MA
Our Cambridge, MA client is seeking an experienced, determined, and dynamic Director of User Experience Design to lead a passionate team of Designers, Researchers, and Strategists committed to creating stand-out product and service experiences that directly impact cancer care.
We are looking for someone who can lead the charge in sustaining and elevating the work of the User Experience team. This includes advocating for UX Design, acting as a mentor for the team, and putting systems and structures in place to support collaborative, user-focused, iterative mentality so the team can work to solve complex problems and design thoughtful, need-centered solutions.
The Director of UX Design will collaborate closely with Product Owners, Engineering, Creative, Marketing, Communications, and Product Development to develop and execute a design process that enables us to deliver on an ambitious but exciting product roadmap. They will help to define priorities, manage design schedules and resource allocation across multiple work-streams, and own design quality and consistency across our entire product ecosystem.
- You are a world-class UX Director with the ability to work cross-functionally with various teams, including Creative, Marketing, Product Development, and Technology, thinking strategically about how the user experience defines and reinforces the company brand.
- You ask lots of questions, listen actively, read between the lines, and don’t take anything at face value, driving toward the core problem the team needs to be solving.
- You’re a holistic, systems thinker who loves solving big problems and can articulate complex solutions verbally and visually.
- You have a compelling design perspective to share, with extensive experience incorporating user-centered methods and a love for data-driven, functional design.
- You’re passionate about using the right research—both qualitative and quantitative—to foster innovation, assess design solutions, and align key stakeholders.
- You understand that great design can create exceptional experiences, and that each solution must exist seamlessly within the greater ecosystem of products and services.
- You are eager to develop a deep understanding of the business and how all of the pieces come together from different stakeholder perspectives, toward a shared mission.
- You have built, mentored, and led successful UX Design Teams in other organizations.
- Before that, you came up through the trenches, framing problems and researching and designing solutions to said problems, all with a high level of technical competency.
- You have experience cultivating a highly collaborative, creative, and customer-centric culture within a Design team and cross-functionally.
- You have experience taking high-level business goals and breaking them down into approachable, actionable—and ideally assessable—goals for a Design team.
- You have familiarity with an agile development environment.
- You are a facilitator of conversations, with extensive experience leading workshops and design sprints with a diverse set of participants.
- You default to this facilitator role and work across disciplines to crack challenging problems, but you’re not afraid to make difficult decisions when priorities need to be focused.
- 5+ years of Design management experience.
- BA/BS degree in Design (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, related field, or equivalent practical experience; MS or advanced degree a plus.
Visual Designer - contract to hire Contract To Hire MA
Job ID: 16063 Contract To Hire MA
Our client, a well-funded consumer site, is building out their UX/Product team and are seeking a Visual Designer. If you are interested in improving their user experience and have clean visual design, this role could be an excellent fit!
- Solve complex user needs across the consumer and internal admin platforms to improve both the user experience and business results
- Create clean, finished visual design assets that will be used in production
- Develop user flows or wireframes for new product features and enhancements
- Improve your work through user research and testing cycles
- 3+ years of UI + UX design experience, preferably with consumer web/mobile applications
- Expertise with (Photoshop, Sketch, etc.) and experience with wireframing and prototyping tools (Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, etc.)
- Actively follow latest visual design and UX practices, techniques, and technologies
Online portfolio required.
CMF Lead Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16030 Direct Hire MA
Principal CMF Designer
Our client is a leader in the consumer electronics space. As they build on their high end track record, they're looking for a Principal Color, Material and Finish Designer.
The right candidate will be responsible for setting CMF strategy for the organization while leading a small but growing team. While the focus of the role will be on color, this person will also collaborate with manufacturing to develop material and finish strategy.
This position sits just outside Boston, MA and comes with competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Apply today!
Developing trend research, with a focus on the consumer electronics industry
Developing color strategy, continuingly forecasting updates
Seek out new materials and manufacturing techniques, setting trends and staying on the cutting edge
Generate and deliver inspiring presentations that communicate product stories through CMF proposals.
Create and implement CMF specifications for manufacturing, ensuring quality execution
Develop and maintain a material and finish library for the industrial design team
6+ years experience designing physical products, with electronics experience strongly preferred
A deep understanding of CMF technologies, research methods and testing
Expertise in trend and consumer research
Strong presentation skills with the ability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders
Strong management skills
Director of Experience Design Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16008 Direct Hire MA
Director of User Experience
Our client is an award winning digital agency with technology in their DNA. As they continue to win more strategic work, they’re looking for a Director of User Experience to join their team.
This role is ideal for someone looking to lead a team of designers on UX projects while remaining hands on. The right person is a strategic thinker who leads by example and is comfortable leading engagements.
In return, our client offers a great work environment in Boston steps from the Orange Line. Compensation is competitive. Apply today!
Ongoing management, mentorship and training of the user experience team
Serve as UX lead on client engagements, translating business needs into user experience solutions
Champion user research, user testing and other quantitative and qualitative measures
Make strategic and tactical design recommendations based on usability findings and best practices
Facilitate on-site & off-site design workshops that gain consensus and inform design.
8+ years of user experience design for software, web, and/or mobile. 3+ years managing user-centered design teams.
Strong knowledge of interaction design and methodology
Extensive experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies across multiple platforms
Strong working knowledge of design tools (Axure, Sketch, etc.)
Familiarity with current web development technologies and standards
Strong presentation, advocacy and communication skills
Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks
Ability to manage, delegate & multi-task towards deadlines
Advocate for collaboration and internal cross-pollination with designers, technology & management
Strong presentation and communication skills