Sign up & get notified of new Communications / PR jobs
Communications / PR
Editor Contract To Hire MA
Job ID: 15327 Contract To Hire MA
Our corporate client, located west of Boston, is looking for a freelance, onsite, part-time editor to help with a large volume of work involving some of their publications. This opportunity will be 20--25 hours a week and will continue until February or March.
Responsibilities will include editing stories according to departmental, publication and corporate guidelines. Clarity, accuracy and quality of each publication is essential, so an expert level of editing skill is essential. In addition, you will be responsible for the traffic and logging of stories, working with editorial boards and selecting stories for print issues and digital updates. Comparing written work to original documents and managing verifications and corrections is important, as is rewriting for grammar, punctuation and style.
To qualify, you should have outstanding editing and writing skills as well as great attention to detail and the ability to work quickly in a deadline-oriented environment with all levels of multiple teams. Microsoft Office expertise is also required.
If you have relevant experience and are available ASAP, let us know for immediate consideration!
Director of Corporate Communications for biotech products Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15291 Direct Hire MA
Our client, located in Cambridge, MA, is one of the top 5 global biotechnology companies. With a robust pipeline of products coupled with ones already in the market, they continue to grow. We have been engaged on a search for a Director of Corporate Communications to focus on product communications for a specific franchise. This person will own communications for the highest profile product within the company right now, which has multiple indications in the U.S. and Europe.
The exciting parts of the role
- Develop and implement communications strategies and programs to support the global launches of two key products, which includes raising disease and product awareness
- Lead communications in support of clinical and regulatory milestones, medical congress presentations, and publications, including developing press releases, media and social media plans, talking points, backgrounders and Q&As, as well as conducting spokesperson training
- Manage PR agencies and/or vendors
- Collaborate with internal communications to highlight patient stories and strengthen employees’ connections with how the company is truly making a difference in healthcare on a global scale.
- 10+ years of product communications experience from a company or a communications agency
- Successfully worked with brand and marketing teams on a global level
- Knowledgeable about planning and budgeting cycles as well as medical congresses
- Able to do some travel for planned events (medical congresses, brand meetings, etc.) in Europe and in the U.S.
- Passion for improving patients’ lives now and in the future
- Bachelor’s degree
How others describe you
- Strategic thinker
- Confidence to speak up, push back and ask challenging and probing questions
- Collaborative. The team of 12 is well regarded and tightly integrated within the businesses
PR Director Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15265 Direct Hire MA
Our client is a London-based PR firm with growing offices in both Boston and the West Coast. As their fun Boston office expands, they are seeking a strategic, well-rounded Director to lead the US arm of the business. The Director works as part of the senior management team to ensure that the two offices deliver profitable, creative, forward-thinking client service. The Director is also responsible for driving growth from existing and new clients by selling additional services and identifying potential opportunities.
- Grows awareness and respect for the agency by being the face of the agency for events, editorial and speaking opportunities and industry meetings.
- Leads and manages the local client servicing teams to optimize their performance and embed the company’s values and behaviors.
- Acts as a guardian of industry best practice, continually driving improvements in performance, techniques, processes and knowledge throughout the team and wider PR industry.
- Owns and manages strategic relationships with tier one clients, providing insight and counsel across all aspects of marketing and communications.
- Formulates creative and strategic PR plans for clients and provides added-value consultancy based on measurable analysis.
- Defines KPls, deadlines and service agreements across traditional and emerging communications
- Leads pitches for new clients, managing the local pitch teams.
- Develops the right insight, strategy and creative concepts to win new business
- Achieves growth targets year on year while maintaining overall profitability.
- Takes overall leadership responsibility for the account team, including coaching, supervision, assessment and reviews of all team members.
- Defines measurable objectives and sets standards of excellence to drive performance and commitment at all levels.
- Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with the team to maximize strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development.
Job ID: 15209 Direct Hire MA
Our Cambridge, MA client has remained at the forefront of research into new medicines for neurological and other related conditions. We have been engaged to find a Senior Director of Media Relations who will report to the SVP of Global Corporate Affairs and serve as the #2 in the group. This is a global search and the client offers a comprehensive relocation package.
Highlights of the role
- Build and lead a team of communications professionals; to start there will be two direct reports – 1 in the U.S. and the other in the E.U.
- Responsible for proactive and reactive media strategies to protect and enhance the company’s reputation as well as supporting and helping drive the company's business strategies.
- Collaborate with peers on the corporate affairs leadership team, colleagues in the global therapeutic teams and the countries on traditional media and digital/social channels.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with key business, policy, and healthcare journalists across all media and channels.
- Develop external media relations strategy and ongoing engagement with media to shape and advance the company’s reputation, working closely with the business, countries and colleagues on the corporate affairs team.
- Ensure countries are adequately equipped to respond to media inquiries and issues, proactively and reactively.
- Implement metrics, analytics and performance reporting methods to measure media success.
- 15+ years of public relations experience from a pharma or biotech company where you’ve owned the strategic oversight of global media strategy and execution
- Deep experience pitching to and fostering relationships with global tier one media
- Experience managing issues and crises related to corporate reputation; adept at rapid response in a complex and fast-paced organization
- Served as a company spokesperson
- Executive level poise, polish, presence and influence; possess confidence, especially in supporting/defending your positions/ideas
- Built and managed teams of direct reports
- Able to understand scientific information and data and to communicate it in simple terms to media and lay audiences
- Bachelor’s degree is required; graduate degree a plus
- Able to live/work in the Metro Boston area; there is not a telecommuting option
Senior Media Relations Manager Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15103 Direct Hire MA
Our Boston-based client is a premier, global economic, strategy and financial consulting group. They provide analysis and strategic counsel to F1000 companies, leading law firms, global health care companies and government entities. They are looking to hire a Senior Media Relations Manager, which is a newly-created role.
At a high level, this person will
- Drive the media relations program and find ways to elevate the firm’s market profile leveraging thought leadership and expertise of senior consultants
- Develop and execute media strategies and tactics through various channels, including print, broadcast, online and social media
- Establish goals; create tracking and reporting mechanisms to understand results and assess performance
- Train and prep leadership for media opportunities
- Collaborate with the digital marketing lead to maximize opportunities and ensure alignment
- 7+ years of media relations experience, with 5+ years in-house in a professional services organization. Preference for someone who has an understanding of legal terminology and practices, and/or economics, finance or health care.
- Has built a media relations program from the ground up a huge plus
- Track record of building solid relationships with business and industry vertical reporters and editors
- Able to synthesize complex topics into digestible information
- Intellectually curious
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Thrives in a matrix organization
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, leadership, and diplomacy
- Able to prioritize and rapidly shift gears as priorities change
- Can travel for work on occasion
- Bachelor’s degree
Account Manager (B2B Tech PR) Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 14782 Direct Hire MA
Our client is a fast-paced, integrated, PR, marketing and design agency focusing on technology, digital media and innovative products and services in the B2B space. They have a tremendous variety of projects for dynamic start-ups, growth-oriented mid-size technology companies, and industry-leading Fortune 500 corporations.
They need a motivated, experienced PR Account Manager and a detail-oriented self-starter. They are looking for a team member who thrives in a very dynamic environment, is able to work independently as well as collaboratively, and displays passion for their work.
The Account Manager position is a key, mid-level position requiring a highly-organized individual who has proven experience taking ownership of and managing multiple clients and agency staff. This person needs a proven track record of strategic thinking, plan development and execution for their clients.
Manager responsibilities include client planning and daily oversight, sign-off on all client materials, PR plan development, understanding their client’s market and how it compares to key competitors. This position also requires media outreach to top tier outlets and assisting with new business development and pitches. This person should have a strong media and blogger relations background in business-to-business technology public relations, including traditional and social media.
The ideal candidate will be an amazing writer with solid organizational skills, as well as possess strong experience executing successful public relations campaigns that incorporate traditional PR, digital and social media. We are looking for a team member who is technologically savvy, a fast learner, enjoys the thrill of PR, capable of landing great coverage, and can maximize every opportunity to positively influence the image of our clients.
- Solid writing skills with experience in all forms of corporate and executive communications, from news releases to executive talking points.
- 6 years’ experience implementing public relations and marketing programs in an agency environment.
- Prior people-management experience of at least 1-year also required.
- Broad understanding of B2B marketing and PR
- A passion for constant learning and an overall level of understanding of industries and technologies
- Ability to take strategic plans and translate into actionable, tactical PR programs.
- Great interpersonal skills: can work effectively in a team environment and maintain composure and quality of work while under deadline.
- Must have a solid understanding of the AP Style Guide and demonstrated the ability to adhere PR best practices.
PR Account Manager Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 14747 Direct Hire MA
Our client is a London-based PR firm with growing offices in both Boston and the West Coast. As their fun Boston office expands, they are seeking a strategic, well-rounded Account Manager to join the team. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of high-tech/IT/SaaS and med-tech experience - B2B tech agency experience is required.
An account manager drives an account. They should be a capable and confident individual with a thorough understanding of the communications techniques, platforms and skills to deliver meaningful results for their clients.
The role should be to execute the strategies and activities outlined by their account directors, ensure that campaigns and objectives are delivered on, and that their accounts are well organised. Account managers are the lead day-to-day contact with the client and play a key role in building and maintaining client and media relationships.
Client handling/campaign management skills
- Develop and execute PR campaigns for clients - produce campaign plans and messaging, and ensure we produce monthly and quarterly reports.
- Monitor the success of a campaign against the original objectives and modify our campaign plan to make sure we achieve the goals.
- Offer strategic, tactical and practical communications advice to clients to deliver on their objectives, secure their ongoing PR business and keep them happy.
- Write coherent, on-message and factually accurate press releases/blogs/social media content that require only minimal changes from team members and clients.
- Draft thought leadership copy, speaking proposals, award entries and case studies that are well informed, on message and relevant that need only minimal team, client or media changes.
Media/social media skills
- Drive the media relations/analyst work to deliver on the client’s agreed campaign.
- Understand and advise on media handling, including interview briefings, developing Q&As, managing exclusives, embargoes and crisis communications.
- Plan and manage initiatives/events to promote our clients, ranging from trade shows, speaking and awards opportunities, ‘open houses’, seminars, roundtables, press conferences, press trips, etc.
- Understand how to create and distribute content to improve content engagement and develop sales leads.
New business/marketing skills
- Play a key role in new business pitching: run brainstorms, prepare research, ideas and campaigns for proposals and presentations, and present them to prospects.
- Use your contacts with clients, partners, journalists and analysts to feed in market intelligence and bring in new business leads.