Sign up & get notified of new Communications / PR jobs
Communications / PR
Videographer Contract MA
Job ID: 15481 Contract MA
Our corporate client is looking for a talented videographer/producer to join their team for approximately 3 months and help them produce a training video. Responsibilities will include shooting, editing and completing a video program using your own equipment. In addition, you will be creating several 3--5 minute training clips.
This opportunity can be done partially offsite, although onsite capability is essential. You should have 3+ years of experience creating similar video, with examples to show. If you work well with multiple members of a team, can work quickly and efficiently and are available ASAP, let us know for immediate consideration!
Technical Editor Contract MA
Job ID: 15429 Contract MA
Our corporate client is looking for a technical editor to join their editorial team. This is an onsite, full-time, freelance opportunity that will be 12--18 months long with the potential for extension or direct hire for the right candidate. This is an editing, not a writing, opportunity.
Responsibilities will include editing and quality checking multiple technical documents, following in-house style guides. You must be ok with following these guidelines and not "rewriting" how they do things. You will also be a project manager for all documents, working as part of a team and making sure work goes from editorial to illustration and to next steps. You will be working globally with many different teams, so the ability to work well in a multi-cultural environment is essential. Thorough knowledge of grammar and proper usage is also important. You may also be involved with writing and editing company newsletters.
A good work ethic and the ability to work alone as well as with multiple teams is essential, as is willingness to make a long-term commitment.
Requirements include 1--5 years of editing experience, with extensive expertisse in MS Word. This is used as a publishing tool, and working with multiple columns, tables, formatting and figures is essential.
If you are a quick learner with an upbeat attitude and can start ASAP and make a commitment, let us know for immediate consideration!
Director, Product Communications Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15405 Direct Hire MA
HireMinds has been engaged by Biogen on a search for a Director of Franchise, Brand and Science Communications. The Director will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to proactively and reactively as required communicate franchise, brand and/or scientific updates on Biogen’s franchises, brand and pipeline.
This may include data and regulatory milestones, data publication, congress activity, pipeline advances, new scientific discoveries. Deliverables include content, visual and written, to be used to tell the story of Biogen’s science, franchises and brands such as videos, visuals, press releases, Q&A, key messages, background documents, etc. Content should be multifunctional with high impact and useful on social media channels.
Must work collaboratively with colleagues in R&D, medical and commercial plus with colleagues at the regional and country level as well as with media relations and issues and crisis management. Works closely with corporate and internal communications to leverage content to support corporate reputation and engage employees.
This role works in an integrated way with government relations and policy as well as patient advocacy to support patient access, disease awareness and Biogen’s leadership position. Experience working across countries, cultures and in a matrix organization building collaborative relationships and co-creating strategies, tactics and content with a global mindset is a must.
- Develop and implement franchise/brand/science communications strategies and tactics.
- Build a content repository of visuals and written documents used at a global, regional and country level.
- Benchmark Biogen against similar companies and explore where Biogen can differentiate.
- Work as an integrated team with government and policy and patient advocacy to create one integrated strategy for patient access, disease awareness and Biogen’s position in a disease area.
- Collaborate with regions, countries, functions and co create content and strategies for greater implementation and outreach.
- 8+ years of experience in a franchise/brand/science communications role in house or in an agency.
- Social media acumen and understanding
- Experience in working in an integrated environment involving colleagues and seeking collaboration.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and high sense of urgency
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to successfully collaborate, influence without authority, and effectively work across functions and personalities.
- Demonstrated good judgment and ability to effectively prioritize work load.
- Strong business acumen, preferably related to the pharma/biotech industry
- Creative, innovative, agile and flexible;
- Ability to work well under pressure and enjoys a fast-paced, often unpredictable environment
- Bachelor’s degree is required in liberal arts or life sciences.
- S/he will report to the VP, Franchise & Science Communications and will be based at Biogen’s headquarters in Cambridge and at Biogen’s international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland.
PR Director Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15265 Direct Hire MA
Our client is a London-based PR firm with growing offices in both Boston and the West Coast. As their fun Boston office expands, they are seeking a strategic, well-rounded Director to lead the US arm of the business. The Director works as part of the senior management team to ensure that the two offices deliver profitable, creative, forward-thinking client service. The Director is also responsible for driving growth from existing and new clients by selling additional services and identifying potential opportunities.
- Grows awareness and respect for the agency by being the face of the agency for events, editorial and speaking opportunities and industry meetings.
- Leads and manages the local client servicing teams to optimize their performance and embed the company’s values and behaviors.
- Acts as a guardian of industry best practice, continually driving improvements in performance, techniques, processes and knowledge throughout the team and wider PR industry.
- Owns and manages strategic relationships with tier one clients, providing insight and counsel across all aspects of marketing and communications.
- Formulates creative and strategic PR plans for clients and provides added-value consultancy based on measurable analysis.
- Defines KPls, deadlines and service agreements across traditional and emerging communications
- Leads pitches for new clients, managing the local pitch teams.
- Develops the right insight, strategy and creative concepts to win new business
- Achieves growth targets year on year while maintaining overall profitability.
- Takes overall leadership responsibility for the account team, including coaching, supervision, assessment and reviews of all team members.
- Defines measurable objectives and sets standards of excellence to drive performance and commitment at all levels.
- Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with the team to maximize strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development.
Account Manager (B2B Tech PR) Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 14782 Direct Hire MA
Our client is a fast-paced, integrated, PR, marketing and design agency focusing on technology, digital media and innovative products and services in the B2B space. They have a tremendous variety of projects for dynamic start-ups, growth-oriented mid-size technology companies, and industry-leading Fortune 500 corporations.
They need a motivated, experienced PR Account Manager and a detail-oriented self-starter. They are looking for a team member who thrives in a very dynamic environment, is able to work independently as well as collaboratively, and displays passion for their work.
The Account Manager position is a key, mid-level position requiring a highly-organized individual who has proven experience taking ownership of and managing multiple clients and agency staff. This person needs a proven track record of strategic thinking, plan development and execution for their clients.
Manager responsibilities include client planning and daily oversight, sign-off on all client materials, PR plan development, understanding their client’s market and how it compares to key competitors. This position also requires media outreach to top tier outlets and assisting with new business development and pitches. This person should have a strong media and blogger relations background in business-to-business technology public relations, including traditional and social media.
The ideal candidate will be an amazing writer with solid organizational skills, as well as possess strong experience executing successful public relations campaigns that incorporate traditional PR, digital and social media. We are looking for a team member who is technologically savvy, a fast learner, enjoys the thrill of PR, capable of landing great coverage, and can maximize every opportunity to positively influence the image of our clients.
- Solid writing skills with experience in all forms of corporate and executive communications, from news releases to executive talking points.
- 6 years’ experience implementing public relations and marketing programs in an agency environment.
- Prior people-management experience of at least 1-year also required.
- Broad understanding of B2B marketing and PR
- A passion for constant learning and an overall level of understanding of industries and technologies
- Ability to take strategic plans and translate into actionable, tactical PR programs.
- Great interpersonal skills: can work effectively in a team environment and maintain composure and quality of work while under deadline.
- Must have a solid understanding of the AP Style Guide and demonstrated the ability to adhere PR best practices.
PR Account Manager Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 14747 Direct Hire MA
Our client is a London-based PR firm with growing offices in both Boston and the West Coast. As their fun Boston office expands, they are seeking a strategic, well-rounded Account Manager to join the team. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of high-tech/IT/SaaS and med-tech experience - B2B tech agency experience is required.
An account manager drives an account. They should be a capable and confident individual with a thorough understanding of the communications techniques, platforms and skills to deliver meaningful results for their clients.
The role should be to execute the strategies and activities outlined by their account directors, ensure that campaigns and objectives are delivered on, and that their accounts are well organised. Account managers are the lead day-to-day contact with the client and play a key role in building and maintaining client and media relationships.
Client handling/campaign management skills
- Develop and execute PR campaigns for clients - produce campaign plans and messaging, and ensure we produce monthly and quarterly reports.
- Monitor the success of a campaign against the original objectives and modify our campaign plan to make sure we achieve the goals.
- Offer strategic, tactical and practical communications advice to clients to deliver on their objectives, secure their ongoing PR business and keep them happy.
- Write coherent, on-message and factually accurate press releases/blogs/social media content that require only minimal changes from team members and clients.
- Draft thought leadership copy, speaking proposals, award entries and case studies that are well informed, on message and relevant that need only minimal team, client or media changes.
Media/social media skills
- Drive the media relations/analyst work to deliver on the client’s agreed campaign.
- Understand and advise on media handling, including interview briefings, developing Q&As, managing exclusives, embargoes and crisis communications.
- Plan and manage initiatives/events to promote our clients, ranging from trade shows, speaking and awards opportunities, ‘open houses’, seminars, roundtables, press conferences, press trips, etc.
- Understand how to create and distribute content to improve content engagement and develop sales leads.
New business/marketing skills
- Play a key role in new business pitching: run brainstorms, prepare research, ideas and campaigns for proposals and presentations, and present them to prospects.
- Use your contacts with clients, partners, journalists and analysts to feed in market intelligence and bring in new business leads.