Director, Corporate Communications Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16395 Direct Hire MA
Our Cambridge, MA life sciences company is hiring a Director of Corporate Communications. The Director will report into the SVP of Communications and IR and will manage one direct report. The client is looking for someone who has a life sciences background (preferably) or comes from the technology industry.
This role is exciting because you will be involved in corporate, IR, internal, and executive communications as well as crisis planning and issues management. You’ll play a key role in developing strategies and owning implementation. If you like variety in your work and exposure to the most senior leaders of a company, this could be the role for you.
The role includes
- Boosting the company’s visibility and enhancing its reputation to reach and attract key audiences, including investors, media, potential employees, KOLs, patients for clinical trials, advocacy groups, etc.
- Building and maintaining relationships with print, digital/social and broadcast media in business and analyst communities
- Managing the annual report and leading the complete overhaul of the company’s website
- Overseeing external agencies and vendors
- Ensure consistent messaging across all communications vehicles
- 10+ years of corporate and/or IR communications experience from the life sciences or technology industries
- Track record of developing proactive communications strategies, programs and tactics to ensure the unique voice of the company
- Work cross-functionally to position the company as leader in their space by communicating a message platform that will differentiate them
- Superior writing and communications skills
- Experience managing at least one direct report
- Executive level poise, polish and confidence
- Skilled in presenting complex information in a clear and compelling manner
- Adaptable to change
- Thrives in a fast-pace culture
- Bachelor’s degree