Manager, Communications (pharma/biotech) Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16276 Direct Hire MA
Our Boston, MA biopharma client is developing new categories of medicines with the potential to have great impact on people with serious diseases. The company has a strong pipeline of innovative therapies across two divisions. It’s an exciting time to be at the company! We are looking for a Communications Manager to join their team. Reporting to the VP and working collaboratively with the Director, the Manager will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of communications programs, which includes R&D/product communications, investor relations, corporate, internal/employee, digital, social and more. No two days will ever be the same!
The team takes an all-hands-on-deck approach. The role will have strategic elements with a heavy dose of rolling up your sleeves and digging into the work. There is agency support, especially for media relations. You will have the unique opportunity to work with executives in the company, interacting with best-in-class leaders in the pharma and biotech industries daily.
Highlights of the role
- Support milestone-specific communications activities and Internal R&D pipeline, including working cross-functionally to manage and maintain company milestones calendar, drafting/updating of press releases, Q&As, fact sheets and collaborating with the team to secure key internal and external sign off
- Assist with a range of investor relations projects, including semi-annual regulatory filings (Annual Report and Half Yearly Report) and updates to corporate investor presentations
- Develop a range of communications, including company news alerts, new employee welcome emails and more
- Collaborate on refining the social media strategy and manage social media activity, including editorial calendar, content development, and execution
- Build and manage digital assets, including photos, video, infographics, etc.
- Identify speaking engagements and awards and support leadership, including talking points and presentation development
- Support the planning and execution of company events and media road shows, including logistics and coordination with vendors
- 4-5 years of pharma or biotech industry experience, 3+ of which should be from a fast-paced communications agency
- Fluency with highly scientific information, including data communications including clinical trial readouts, medical meeting presentations and scientific journal publications
- Understanding of US FDA regulatory pathways and restrictions, including promotional guardrails and best practices
- Experience developing and managing corporate social media channels
- Confidence and poise to work directly with executive leadership
- Stellar communications skills – written and verbal
- Drive, passion and desire to grow and learn
- Able to live/work in the Boston, MA area
- Bachelor's degree