Sign up & get notified of new Business Development jobs
Business Development Associate Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15717 Direct Hire MA
HireMinds is assisting MITX in finding an amazing new Business Development Associate to help with membership and account management. Please contact us ASAP if you are interested.
Are you looking to grow your account management and sales experience and work with some of the most exciting companies in the Boston technology & innovation community? Are you competitive? Are you someone who loves to juggle many things at once? Do you thrive on building new relationships and connections? Are you energized by engaging with mid to senior level executives? MITX (MA Innovation and Technology Exchange) is looking for a Business Development Associate.
• MITX has been a leading organization focused on innovation and technology in the business community for the past 21 years.
• At MITX you’ll work with executives from leading brands like Rue La La, Wayfair, Google and some of the most interesting growing companies in the community.
• Our team is small and collaborative. Teamwork defines our environment and we like to have fun!
• We encourage entrepreneurial thinking and behavior by focusing on leading instead of managing.
If you want to be successful, we’ll give you the tools, show you how to use them, and help you to develop a plan to implement. This role is an incredible opportunity for someone with 2-3 years of experience in an account management, customer success or inside sales role that is looking to take the reins and grow. The Business Development Associate will be responsible for prospecting and renewing existing memberships and identifying and closing new ones, and attaining an annual quota. This person will also work alongside the Business Development Manager to identify new sponsorships opportunities and build the pipeline.
Prior experience account management or selling services and working in a collaborative environment is preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required, along with a high degree of professionalism and maturity to interface with senior level executives and deliver exceptional customer service to members.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work in both independent and team environments
- Strong organizational skills (including the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously) and exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to thrive independently, communicate and cooperate with peers in a team is essential
- Ability to work with sales CRM and proactively share reporting
- High degree of professionalism and maturity to interface with senior level executives and deliver exceptional customer service to members
- Outbound calling into firms to describe the benefits of membership
- Develop membership acquisition and retention campaigns
- Assist MITX leadership with event marketing. Build a comprehensive map of prospects
- Onboarding of new members
- Engaging with members and helping to ensure they are getting the most from their membership throughout the year
- Helping create new ideas to engage membership
- Attend all MITX/BIMA events and actively contribute
- Stay relevant and current by conducting your own research, blog reading and training to stay on top of industry trends, updates, etc.