Director, Sales and Marketing Analytics Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16258 Direct Hire MA
Our Boston area client is a global biopharma company with a leadership position in innovative medicines that address the unmet needs and challenges of people living with debilitating diseases. They are focused on treatment for several CNS disorders. They are looking to hire a Director, Sales and Marketing Analytics. This is a new role that reports to the head of analytics; the Director will have two direct reports.
The VP’s vision is to have a high performing, collaborative team that works very closely with marketing teams and sales leaders to help them increase the number of providers capable of prescribing the company’s medications and increase the number of patients able to gain access to these medications. This leadership position will support strategy development and execution for current products and new product that the company is preparing to launch in late 2020/early 2021.
The Director, Sales and Marketing Analytics will lead and continue the development of the analytical capabilities supporting the Sales and Marketing function (Brand Marketing, Field Sales Leadership) of a growing commercial organization with two approved products and a portfolio of pipeline product candidates.
The role is based in the Boston area and the client will provide relocation. There is not a telecommuting option.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing leaders and other stakeholders to identify key business questions and knowledge gaps that can be addressed via analyses and reports. Areas include:
- Track performance of markets and product launches
- Quantify treatment provider landscapes and segments
- Develop brand performance analytics and metrics
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing and field efforts; identify challenges and opportunities; provide actionable insights and recommendations
- Develop a framework of analytical methodologies and vendors that can be used to ensure consistent approaches are applied across brands.
- Determine required data sources (internal and external) to address business questions.
- Add depth to insights by developing a thorough understanding of all key brand commercial dynamics, including disease state, market landscape, product attributes, unmet needs, key treatment providers / prescribers and payers.
- Provide ongoing, high-level strategic consulting to all internal stakeholders to ensure maximum leverage of insights.
- 10+ years in the pharmaceutical industry, 5+ of which should be from a decision support leadership role
- Proven experience using analytical techniques to address business questions.
- Skilled in developing collaborative working relationships with Sales and Marketing leadership in order to understand business requirements, propose solutions, gain alignment and execute.
- Able to develop and articulate actionable, fact-based, insights and recommendations and to synthesize data from multiple sources to address complex business questions.
- Built and managed teams of direct reports
- Technical skills: Advanced Microsoft Excel and SQL skills; proficient with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint and Word. Working knowledge of CRM solutions; knowledge of Veeva of Salesforce.com preferred. Working knowledge of pharmaceutical data sources such as IQVIA and Symphony Health.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.