Job ID: 16463 Direct Hire
Our Cambridge, MA genome editing client uses CRISPR/Cas9 technologies to develop medicines for people with serious, genetically-defined diseases. As the Analytical Development team continues to grow, this Biophysical Analytical Development Associate role was created to function as part of a larger Analytical Development group to generate and interpret analytical data from key techniques in support of the process development groups and release assays.
- Perform analytical characterization of complex biomolecules, such as the nuclease protein and guide RNA/protein complexes, using HPLC based assays, static and dynamic light scattering and other biophysical techniques.
- Collaborate with Process Development to generate biophysical characterization data.
- Provide support for formulation and stability studies on nuclease protein and guide RNA / protein complexes.
- Biophysical method development, optimization, and initial qualification.
- Author and review protocols and reports.
- Maintain and characterize stocks of assays standards and controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences with 5+ years of experience / Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience in biotechnology. This role can be upgraded for a more experienced BS/MS candidate. No PhD candidates will be considered.
- Experience in HPLC/UPLC method development.
- Familiarity with running qPCR/ddPCR, highly desirable.
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. indefinitely to be considered.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.