Associate Director of Media Relations Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16337 Direct Hire MA
Our Cambridge, MA therapeutics client is innovative and disruptive. They are building a platform to create an almost limitless number of drug candidates in an entirely new class of medicines. The company, which had a record-setting IPO, is building their corporate affairs team. We are looking for an Associate Director of Media Relations who will report directly to the Chief Communications Officer.
Is this you?
- Motivated by working in emerging science, medicine and technology?
- Energized by a brisk pace and where priorities shift rapidly?
- Intellectually curious and dig deep to understand the science and data?
- Enthused by high volume (i.e., does the thought of working with 20 clinical development programs vs. one or two capture your attention)?
- Unflappable when you encounter small bumps along the way?
In this role, you will
- Build and strength relationships with reporters and lead media relations activities to increase visibility for the company’s science, pipeline and technology
- Set strategy and execute on a social and digital communications program
- Serve as a spokesperson to handle quarterly calls, data unblindings, publications, regulatory milestones, medical meetings, etc.
- Prepare and coach leaders for media interviews
- Provide direction to agency partners
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, either in-house or at an agency working with pharma/biotech clients
- Deep knowledge of drug discovery and development processes
- Expertise in pitching stories to the media that are timely, relevant and compelling
- Passionate about social media
- Current on trends and news in the pharma/biotech ecosystem. Voracious reader of the news, follows key influencers and on top of trends
- Builds relationship with internal and external stakeholders, including at the executive level
- Bachelor’s Degree