Veterinary Technician Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16204 Direct Hire MA
Want to work in a stable and growing academic Vivarium in the heart of Boston? Our client is looking to hire an experienced Technician to monitor and participate in the daily care of laboratory animals.
The main function of this role is to fulfill the nutritional, health, and environmental requirements of the animals as directed under the supervision of the Vivarium leadership.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Performs assigned duties such as, administration of medications, injections, fecal and tissue collections, phlebotomies, and euthanasia.
• Support investigators during pre, intra and post surgery as needed.
• Assist in the training of investigators and staff in the proper handling of animals, aseptic surgical techniques, injection, anesthesia and breeding.
• Proper care and use of surgical equipment and supplies.
• Maintains medical records of animals as required by Federal and State Laws.
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will and AS degree or higher in a lab animal setting (research, industry, or CRO environments welcome) and 1 - 3+ years of experience. Those with Veterinary Technology license or certification (LVT or CVT) preferred and AALAS Certification is a plus.
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered and must be commutable to the Cambridge area or able to relocate with very limited assistance.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.