Director of Program Management Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16181 Direct Hire MA
Our growing Gene Therapy Client here in Cambridge, MA is looking to bring on board a Director of Program Management! This is a critical role that will help bring pre-clinical programs into and thru IND and follow thru to clinical development! Will work cross functionally and lead programs into success. The successful candidate will be ready for a career defining experience and have the passion to drive a number of therapeutics for devastating diseases to final approval. This position will report to the Executive Director of Program Management and will be responsible for leading one to two clinical programs.
- Drive the process for the elaboration, maintenance and execution of the integrated development strategy for one or more gene therapy programs that are in preclinical development, typically beginning at the sPoC decision milestone.
- Drive decision-making and issues resolution through the governance process
- Leads team to develop the operational plan together including realistic timelines, budget and resources planning, risk assessment and contingency planning
- Ensures cross-functional alignment and organizational support for the execution of the operational plan by facilitating internal and external stakeholder meetings
- Driving the team to ‘out-of-box” thinking and creative issue resolution
- Manage prioritization of program team activities to enhance program value
- Act as spokesperson for the program will represent program internally and externally
- Responsible for comprehensiveness and quality of program information in the internal systems, databases, and communication to Senior Management
- Expected to identify bottlenecks, surface issues, and proactively drive for their resolution, and to lead contingency planning efforts
- Lead ad-hoc cross-functional task forces as needed aiming at issue resolution or organization efficiency
- Accountable for accurate forecasting, tracking and adherence to program budget. (headcount and external costs) by liaising with team members. Challenges assumptions, timelines and expenses on program level
- Manage project variance and root cause analysis, develops risk mitigation/ issue management plans with the objective to meet the financial targets
- Ensure quality, up-to-datedness and accuracy of all program specific planning data (headcount, external costs, timelines)
- Ensure effective, proactive and open communications, horizontally and vertically, in order to achieve transparency and clarity of program goals, progress and issues
- Identifies and resolve conflicts at functional team level
- Advanced scientific degree with 10+ years in the life-sciences, biotech and pharmaceutical industry and at least 4+ years in a Project/Program Management role.
- Knowledge of the IND process, not just writing sections with 5+ years equivalent multi-/ cross-functional leadership experience
- Taking programs from pre-clinical thru IND preferred.
- Previous work and leadership experience in multidisciplinary drug development teams and broad operational experience with an understanding of drug development process
- Advanced level of basic science. Experience working in genetic, rare diseases preferred
- Understands basic financial aspects, including knowledge of resource planning (headcount and budget) and management
- Ability to critically and objective interpret and evaluate scientific and competitive, business related information
- Expert planning and tracking skills, able to see big picture, well-organized, focused on results, capable of managing multiple projects, excellent time management with respect to priorities and self-management